Aging Theories Discussions
Aging Theories (moderated blog) is intended to provide a venue for discussions about aging theories and their implications for medical research. Some of the material here has been excerpted from previously published material such as my book The Evolution of Aging 3rd Ed.
Discussion topics will include:
- Classes of aging theories: Fundamental limitation theories, Modern non-programmed aging theories, programmed aging theories.
- Relationships between aging theories and evolutionary mechanics theories, individual vs. population-oriented evolutionary mechanics concepts.
- Medical implications of different aging theories.
- Non-science factors that influence thinking about aging.
- Academic vs. Commercial medicine: Differences in attitudes about aging theories.
- Ethics and health-policy issues surrounding aging.